The 12th month of the Islamic schedule is Zil Hajj. This sacred month is significant because of the pilgrimage that all economically secure Muslims from throughout the world undertake annually at Makah, Saudi Arabia. The pilgrimage rituals take place from the 8th to the 12th of Dhul Hijjah. The first ten days of Dhul Hijjah are a particular period for reverence, as per our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW), during which Muslims who are attending Hajj can arrange for Hajj and others who are not undertaking can conduct good actions to gain blessings and graces from Almighty Allah. Muslims who wish to undertake hajj this year can acquire all-inclusive Hajj packages and embark on this precious journey that comes once a year. Muslims must treat the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah properly and attempt to do as many good actions as possible in order to draw closer to Almighty Allah and win substantial perks from Him.
- The Holy Quran mentions the importance of the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah.
- One of its 4 auspicious months referenced in the Holy Quran is Dhul Hijjah. Dhul Qadah, Dhul Hijjah, Muharram, and Rajab are among other sacred months.
- The first ten days of Dhul Hijjah are the best days for doing charitable acts and positive deeds.
- During this Blessed Month, one of Islam’s most significant foundations, the Hajj, takes hold, with Muslims from all over the world gathering to honor Allah Almighty. Several additional acts, like as optional fasts and charities, are also carried out throughout this auspicious month, particularly during the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah.
- Fasting on Arafat Day purifies the soul.
- Allah Almighty completed Islam on the Day of Arafat.
- Muslims have been advised to extol Allah’s name abundantly. We must recite after every Fardh Salah from Fajr on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah to Asar on the 13th of Dhul Hijjah, which is termed as Takbeer Tashreeq.
- Udhhiyyah (Qurbani) is conducted in memory of Hazrat Ibrahim throughout this holy month (AS). Qurbani is done on the 10th, 11th, and 12th of Dhul Hijjah.
On these 10 glorious days of Dhul Hijjah, we all should endeavor to intensify our prayers and remember Allah Almighty. We must also endeavor to fast, particularly on Arafat, which is not for people conducting Hajj owing to their sufferings throughout the pilgrimage. May God provide us the ability to perform righteous deeds throughout the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah.