Land rover is an iconic British mark making those SUVs before they were even called SUVs all the way back to so many decades ago now with the range rover line up. The first time that a range rover ever existed was in 1970. In 21st century range rover has really come up to its own by providing the customers with the best quality and features one can dream for. It has one of the most luxury and comfortable drive and feels which distinguishes it from vehicles of other company.
About the New Range Rover
Land Rover has introduced one of the best of its variants Range Rover sport HST. The HST is the new trim level of the Range Rover Sport. This model is packed up with many surprises with some hybrid electric motor technology. The HST stands for the Hybrid, Supercharger and Turbocharger respectively.
This variant is a special edition and the following features marks its uniqueness from the other cars:
- Range rover has introduced a new 400PS Ingenium petrol engine which adds straight-six balance and refinement to the Range Rover Sport line-up.
- The mild hybrid electric power delivers efficiency as well as dynamic performance.
- The Electric supercharger is powered by 48V system which increases responsiveness by reducing turbo lag.
- All-new six-cylinder engine is exclusive to only HST model, featuring a range of unique interior and an enhanced exterior design.
Ingenium engines are designed, engineered and manufactured by Jaguar Land Rover and it delivers class-leading levels of torque, horsepower and refinement while reducing emissions and fuel consumption. With this engine in the all new Range Rover Sport HST the performance of the car is enhanced to a great extent along with a very improved fuel economy. With 550Nm of torque, it powers the car from 0-100km/h (0-62mph) in 6.2 seconds and to a top speed of 225km/h (140mph). The HST model is the most powerful SUV in the Range Rover Sport MHEV segment, while the SE and HSE offer 355 horsepower instead of 395.
Also Read: Which set of U.S. Presidents have Descendants who are Married to Each Other?
Exterior of the car
The Black contrast roof and Black Pack to Red brake calipers and exclusive HST badging, each detail of the Range Rover Sport HST command attention as the design is one of the best of its kind. It has an optional 22″ 5 split-spoke ‘Style 5086’ wheels with Gloss Black finish that adds to its compelling design. It also has Matrix LED Headlights which illuminate the road superbly without blinding other road users.
Interior of the car
This car is Luxurious in every way, the interior features a suede cloth detailing on the steering wheel. This is complemented by Aluminum gearshift paddles. The car is very spacious from inside and has a standard 5-seating capacity. The leather seats contribute in the comfortness of the car greatly. This car has a 16-way heated memory front seats, power fold and heated door mirrors. (company also give customers an option to build their own customized interior)
Also Read: What is the Lowest Value of U.S. Paper Money Without a Portrait of a U.S. President?
One of the most important part that every costumer considers the most while buying a car is its safety features and the Range Rover Sport HST has the best safety features in it.
- It has Anti-lock brakes. The ABS brakes automatically sense when a tire has stopped rotating under extreme braking, and will modulate the brake pressure to allow the tire to rotate. This increases the overall vehicles ability to turn while braking.
- It comes with Stability control that automatically senses when the vehicles handling limits have been exceeded and reduces engine power and/or applies select brakes to help prevent the driver from losing control of the vehicle.
- It has Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger that have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.
- It also has Side impact airbags for the front seats that are designed to protect the torso during a side impact collision.
- Range Rover is equipped with a means of anticipating and/or detecting unwanted vehicle intrusion. The vehicle comes with an ignition disable device that will prevent the engine from starting if the correct original manufacturer key is not used.
These all safety features derive more interest of the customers towards this car.
Availability and Price
The Range Rover Sport HST is available at a price of £81,250 OTR in the UK. In addition, the company provides the Customers with a choice of two alloy wheel designs and five exterior colors that are:
- Santorini Black,
- Fuji White,
- Indus Silver,
- Firenze Red
- Carpathian Grey.
Main competitors for this model of range rover are
- Audi Q8
- Volvo XC90 hybrid
- Mercedes Benz AMG GLE 43